A round-up of Efinity's development activity for the last two weeks.
What is Efinity?
The cross-chain NFT highway, Efinity, is a parachain built on the Polkadot ecosystem. It enables designers, game developers, artists, and others to supercharge their projects or apps on Efinity at a low cost while being completely scalable.
Hello everyone! A new year has arrived, and with it comes a jam-packed update! In this week’s development update, we'll go over some of the most significant changes that have taken place since our last update.
- Allow token attributes to be set during minting.
• This update will allow NFT creators to add attributes to a token during the creation phase, such as setting the name, description, and image, as well as adding a metadata file that could represent the token for a better abstraction of the information that is presented in the blockchain, making it simpler to create and have a game-ready NFT with minimal required steps.
- Added MultiTokens adapter for XCM.
• This allows our multi-tokens pallet to be compliant and compatible with cross-chain transfers (XCM), allowing us to transfer assets from other Parachains into the multi-tokens pallet!
- Added minimum weight values to XCM pallet to handle sibling parachain transfers using multiple assets (like Statemint).
- ContinueOnFailure has been removed from MultiTokens batch extrinsics and added to the utility pallet.
• The ContinueOnFailure feature was moved to the utility pallet for improved security.
• The Utility Pallet allows for specific utility-related calls on the Efinity blockchain, such as batch transactions, derivative calls, and dispatch function calls, as well as the ContinueOnFailure feature.
- Upgrade dependencies to Polkadot-v0.9.33
• Efinity now has all of its dependencies updated to the latest version of Polkadot.
That’s a wrap-up for the first update of Efinity in 2023! Stay tuned for more in 2 weeks!