A round-up of Efinity's development activity for the last two weeks.
What is Efinity?
The cross-chain NFT highway, Efinity, is a parachain built on the Polkadot ecosystem. It enables designers, game developers, artists, and others to supercharge their projects or apps on Efinity at a low cost while being completely scalable.
Hello everyone! In this edition of the Efinity Development update, we have some updates to share with our community focusing on making the process of minting tokens easier on Efinity, as well as improving the codebase of Efinity.
- Making unit price optional when minting a new token.
• The unitPrice field is now optional when minting your FTs or NFTs on Efinity, this change has been added considering a situation where a game dev would not use the minimum amount of 0.01 EFI to be extremely rare and making the process harder to understand by end-users, now, all tokens are set to the minimum unit price (0.01 EFI) by default.
- XCM execution payment support for foreign tokens.
• While XCM execution support was already possible on Efinity, we improved the process by allowing more flexibility and adding further configurations for XCM. This allows for the fee configuration to be changed at runtime for foreign tokens without force-re-registering the token
- MintParams::CreateForeignToken now takes ForeignTokenMetadata instead of TokenMetadata.
• This change makes Efinity code more concise, from the user perspective, this also makes it easier for foreign tokens to be created in the UI.
• A foreign token originating from a chain is not Efinity, for example, developers from a different parachain can request to register a foreign token on Efinity.
- Quality-of-life improvements.
💬 From the Team 💬
That concludes this edition of our bi-weekly development update! Keep an eye out for the next one in two weeks. We’ll see you then!
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact us through our support team.
Looking for more developer material? Learn more below:
- Our technical documentation: https://openplatform.docs.enjin.io/
- Our other bi-weekly development updates: https://efinity.io/blog?blog-categories=development-updates
- Our developer discord hub: https://discord.com/invite/qVA6uDr2f8
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/efinityio